Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Camping

Over Memorial weekend, we kicked off the summer by going camping.  We headed out to the Deam Wilderness where we chose to hike the Peninsula Trail 5 miles in to this beautiful spot on the lake.  Now I've never been much of a hard core camper, so this was an adventure for me!
Here we go!

Peninsula Trail



5 miles later... Lake Monroe!


our campsite

our view:)


aw yeah...



watching the sunset

s'more time!

Good night:)


And good morning, view.

OK, so let me explain. I promise I am not one of those people that wears socks with sandles. But smart me had obviously not broken in my shoes enough to hike that far with a pack, and I got a couple of blisters on my way in. So I promise this was an embarassing necessity! hehe

Had to skip a couple more rocks on the lake before we left.  Hank is like this secret expert rock skipper.


On our way back

Beautiful hike. We didn't run into any other hikers on the trails, which double as horse trails.  So if you're ever in Bloomington and wanting to hike or camp, I definitely recommend the Deam Wilderness area.

A special thanks to my cowboy, the ultimate trail guide:)

No comments:

Post a Comment