Thursday, May 23, 2013

Lost Valley Ranch

This post for the Travel Blog is about one of my favorite spots of all time.  It's a place very close to my heart because it is where the Lord led Hank and I from different backgrounds and locations to meet.  It's a special place filled with wild west adventure, hospitality, music, food, and good friends.  And if you've ever had the dream of being a cowboy or cowgirl, it's a place where you will quickly feel right at home.  So if you're looking for a dude ranch experience of a lifetime, you have to take a trip to Lost Valley Ranch
 
 
Lost Valley Ranch, Colorado's premier dude ranch, is tucked back in the Pike National Forest.
 
Lost Valley
The Hayman Fire passed through here back in 2002, and you can literally see where the Lord's hand just covered and protected the valley from that fire.  Because of the fire, you now have uninhibited and gorgeous views of the Colorado Rockies.
Welcome to the ranch...
 
where every morning you are met with a view like this...
 
And every day you have so many activities to choose from:
Hiking
 
 
You can see Pikes Peak in the background.
Horseback Riding


 
Horseback riding will take you to some amazing views like this.  This spot always reminds me of a John Wayne film:)
Tubing
 
except I don't think Hank meant to end up in the water here;)hehe
 
Cookouts
with our awesome chefs! haha
Entertainment
my cowboy:)



me and my cowboy
Fine Dining
with other guests who quickly become friends
 The ranch is great for seeing wildlife:
 
All while being served and hanging out with the most fun and loving staff:

Wranglers assigning horses for the day. (Hank's on the left:) Did I mention the cute cowboys??hehe
 
So if you are in need of a break from the city or just looking for an unforgettable vacation for you and your family, you have got to check out Lost Valley Ranch.  Their website lists even more activities for adults and kids.  Hank and I loved working there, and it will forever hold a special place in our hearts.  As I sit here waiting on our baby girl to be born(she was due yesterday), I thought it was fitting to write about where our little family first got its start. :)


4 comments:

  1. o i love it! so many fun memories.
    excited to hear about your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you wrote this up. We never really saw any pictures, and I know it meant so much to both of you. Praying for you all. The next few days will be another amazing, life-changing adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it must be grand and beautiful, but please please check out the southern mountains when you are looking for a place to call home? It would be so good to have ya'll closer to family (especially with the bambino!)! You might love it.
    Love you, Aunt BJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous pictures!

    Can't wait to hear more about baby girl too. Hope you're doing well, friend. I think of you often.

    ReplyDelete