Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Vagabond


There is just something about an Interstate.  Even if I’m just driving up the road, there’s this excitement that clicks on as I build up speed to join in with other travelers.  The vagabond within me wonders where I would end up if I just kept driving north.  I picture myself at a crossroads with the freedom to choose a direction and see where it takes me. 
Because we don’t have the freedom right now to throw caution to the wind and just go where the wind takes us, I’m learning the adventure of exploring small towns around home to satisfy my inner vagabond.   My favorite is Nashville, Indiana.  I love driving the winding highway through beautiful Brown County to the cutest town I’ve ever seen.  It has dozens of the most unique shops and a feel of the early 1900’s.  And we never go to Nashville without stopping by my favorite restaurant, The Hobnob, for some amazing biscuits and gravyJ  



So on your next day off, go find those hole in the wall places near your home that are off the beaten path.  You never know what you might find.
(the very first house in Brown County)

1 comment:

  1. I've been to Nashville, Indiana before and you're right -- it is super cute and I loved it. One of my good friend's aunt's owns a cute bed and breakfast downtown there.

    ReplyDelete