Friday, March 25, 2011

Like sun on a cloudy day

In my introduction you learned that I work an 8-5 desk job and that my adventurous spirit often doesn’t like sitting in front of a computer screen all day.  Towards that end, I’ve been trying to pull out the really cool aspects of my job to appease the urgings of my adventurous side.  It is helping me see the countless ways that I have been blessed rather than what I would change if I could.  It’s like focusing on that ray of sunshine that peaks through on cloudy days.  I have learned that I absolutely love the location of where I work.  If you have spent any amount of time with me, you know that I have a passion for dance, music and the outdoors.  I work at a university that is beautiful and in a department where I am surrounded by music and ballet all day long.  I love hearing music drifting down the halls to my office while I work and having the opportunity to take ballet classes in the evenings.  I also love venturing out during my lunch break to just walk around campus.  The old limestone buildings make me feel like I’m back in Scotland walking through the streets of Edinburgh.  I’ve started taking my camera with me to help draw out the details that I might miss otherwise.  I have a feeling that whoever designed this campus just loved nature because there is a whole forest right in the middle of campus where you will frequently see rabbits and sometimes deer.  There are gardens absolutely everywhere.  The limestone buildings have beautiful and intricate carvings.  Below are some pictures I took during my lunch breaks last week.  We did have a little snow today, but spring is totally coming!
This is the entrance to my building:)

1 comment: