Monday, April 11, 2011

Out with the Cold and In with the Run

Each season brings its own excitement.  I love living in a place that has four distinct seasons.  It keeps things interesting; keeps things changing.  I am cold natured to the extreme, so the spring is when I start spending time outside again on a regular basis.  I start running and have recently discovered the adventure in races.  It’s so fun to have a goal to work towards and end the summer running with a big group of people who love the outdoors as much as you.  I’ve only ever run 5k’s, but I have some friends pushing for a 10k.  I don’t know…I’ll keep you posted.  Towards that end, here’s a picture from my route.  I run through the neighborhood next to our apartment, and this is the very best time of year!  I always feel like I’m running through the clouds or something romantic like that.


What cool routes are in your area?


2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to run, but its so hard to stay motivated on the treadmill. Would you recommend outside runs rather than indoor ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Exploring new routes is a great way to stay motivated to run.

    ReplyDelete