Monday, August 15, 2011

Back in the Swing of Things

Man, it feels like forever since I’ve posted anything!  My apologies.  I blame it on getting back into the swing of things.  (Pronounced “swang of thangs” in my head.  Just watched Steel Magnolias;)  So how are y’all?  Thoroughly enjoying your summer, I hope.  It’s been a good one.  A little short for me.  Do you realize that summer in Indiana really only lasts about a month?  Seriously!  It never even broke 100.  And on the days when it got up to 98, I was relishing the sun and humidity and Georgia memories.  But now it’s over.  I got up one morning last week, walked out the door, and froze on the spot.  Partly from shock, and partly from the cold.  58 degrees.  58, in August!  Strange place, the Midwest.  But with the cold brings thoughts of an amazing fall ahead of us.  That’s one thing the Midwest definitely has on the South; the most gorgeous fall colors in the world.  So with the sadness that summer adventures are almost over comes an excitement about future hikes in the woods crunching sun colored leaves under your feet.  But we still have time for a couple more summer adventures.  So until then, this is where I’ll be…   (“Admissions, may I help you?”)
…reading one of my favorite blogs http://thepioneerwoman.com, thanking God that I got to marry my dream cowboy, and dreaming of our future ranch.  (Btw, does anyone know what kind of camera she uses?  I have got to get me one of those!  These two pictures are case in point.hehe) 
So here’s to getting back into the “swang of thangs”!       

2 comments:

  1. Michelle!! Your blog popped up on my Facebook News Feed so I clicked on it, then this awesome song started playing ("One Day") and I had no idea where it was coming from, then I figured out that you put it on here... Anyway, I love your blog!! And I miss you. And I'm wishing I was able to enjoy fall weather right now... it's about 105 degrees in Texas right now :( If you are in the mood to read another blog, here's mine: http://www.vigilanceandstargazing.com/index.html
    I just started it a couple weeks ago, so I'm still figuring things out and getting posts up. Great to "hear" from your life!! :)
    -Duzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, I enjoy reading your blog. Just wanted to mention that I've been reading "The Pioneer Woman" for awhile now and really enjoy it too. I don't know what kind of camera she uses, but she sure takes lots and lots of pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete