Friday, June 22, 2012

On Safari

During my two years in Africa, I was super blessed with the opportunity to go on two different safaris:  Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe and Sabi Sands, South Africa.
Victoria Falls
In my opinion, this is one of the most special places on earth.  I am a huge fan of David Livingstone, so visiting Victoria Falls was a dream of mine.  We stayed at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, which was absolutely beautiful.  They have great rooms, great food, and a fantastic view.  We hiked around the waterfall and also went on an awesome safari.
statue of David Livingstone

Victoria Falls

This bridge over the Zambezi River next to the falls has one of the largest bungee jumps in the world!
We took a helicopter ride, which I totally recommend.  It allows you to really see the falls.  We rode with United Air Charter.




"The Smoke that Thunder"
The Lodge also has some great local entertainment:


Sabi Sands, South Africa
The Sabi Sand Reserve is one of Kruger Park's private reserves in South Africa.  This is the best safari I went on judging by the amount of animals we saw.  This game reserve has gorgeous accomodations and really good food.





Walking Tour!!  Yeah, that's a lion print:)
Johannesburg, South Africa
I was able to stop in Johannesburg to see some friends, and we went on a tour of Soweto.  This is where Nelson Mandela grew up, and you are able to take a tour of his childhood home.

These are once in a lifetime adventures that I will never forget.  If you ever have the opportunity to go to Africa, it will be one of the most significant events of your life.  A big thanks to my mom and sister for making these safaris possible:)

No comments:

Post a Comment