Thursday, July 16, 2015

Aspen

I finally got to go check out Aspen, Colorado today.  It's been on my bucket list for years.  I went for work, so I didn't get to sight see too much, but I have a few recommendations.

1. There are two ways to get to Aspen from Denver and Summit County.  My favorite way is through Copper, Leadville, and Independence Pass.  This drive is literally the most beautiful drive I've ever done in my life.  Independence Pass is closed for the winter, so you can only take this drive between Memorial Day and the beginning of November.






On the way back I drove through Glenwood Springs and then I-70.  The landscape through there was really unique; kind of desert like.  Reminded me of a Western movie;)

2.  I recommend Peach's Corner Cafe for breakfast.  It is located in beautiful downtown Aspen, and the food is awesome!  Afterwards I loved walking around downtown, taking pictures of the slopes, and window shopping:)



3.  If you are visiting Aspen in the summer time, be sure to check out the Aspen Music Festival.  Awesome classical musicians around the world come here to study and perform every summer.

That's it for now!  Hoping to make it back sometime soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment