Friday, January 15, 2016

Clueless Mom

Right now, I feel like a completely clueless mom.  Sadie started throwing temper tantrums a few weeks ago, and I have no idea how to handle them.  She needs to be potty trained, but she's not.  She needs to eat more/healthier, but she won't.  She needs to keep taking naps, she's resisting.  Bedtime's 7:30, last night she wouldn't settle in until 9.  She needs/wants to be active and play, but I'm 7 months pregnant, tired, and dealing with too cold/snow days every.single.day.  People are very quick to give advice, but it just stresses me out.  Trust me, I have asked for advice in every single one of these areas, but I ask people who have known me for years, who have kids older than mine that have turned out great.  Today, I'm struggling.  I feel like I'm not good enough for my family; a failure.  Thankfully, my mom gave me the movie Moms Night Out for Christmas, and that scene towards the end came to my mind this afternoon when I finally had to set everything aside and pray.  Here's the scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_aY2M5hxyw.  So I'm not posting this for advice, but hoping I can maybe encourage another mom who is struggling like me today.  You're not alone in this.  And I hope this scene encourages you as it did me:)

Be still, and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  (Isaiah 40:29)
Cast all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.  (1 Peter 5:7)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart, Michelle. I watched the clip you linked to. So touching and encouraging. Indeed, God has not made a mistake in putting you where you are! Love you, praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle, I think your little girl is beyond sweet. I treasure that picture with me and her. You ARE a good mother. Children just have to be children and mom's just have to keep loving them and hugging them. That's pretty much all they need the first many years. I agree with Trace Atkins, just keep being yourself; God did not make a mistake when he gave you to Sadie. Rest when you can and all you can; that's important. Love you, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Shirley!! Love you. I cherish that we got to see you:)

      Delete