Friday, September 16, 2011

Cuisine de Michelle

It seems like most blogs out there are about cooking in one way or another.  They may not have started out as a blog about food, but they kind of morph into that somewhere along the way.  I promise that is not what I’m doing…because I’m actually a really bad cook.  I mean, I truly suck at it.  Before getting married I literally lived off of Kraft mac n’ cheese and salads.  (Just ask my sister who had to put up with me and my college-like eating habits that whole year before I got hitched.)  And poor Hank.  He had no idea what he was up against.  I’ve burned too many pots and pans to count.  I have a good idea about something to cook, and it just turns into an over-salted smoking nightmare!  One time I actually served him eggplant completely encrusted in burned salt.  (I'd heard you had to salt the eggplant before cooking it.hehe)  But then…BUT then…we got one of the best wedding presents in the whole world.  The Betty Crocker Cookbook Bridal Edition.  I didn’t use it too much that first year because we had yet to accumulate all of the kitchen essentials (like herbs and flour and such), and Betty Crocker only has REAL recipes that require more than 2 ingredients (which was foreign to me).  I was so used to “just add water” that I think I was a little intimidated even to open it.  But when I did…aaaa(insert heavenly chorus)…it became like a Bible in the kitchen.  It not only provides recipes but detailed instructions on all the basics, like how long to cook chicken and how to hard boil eggs.  Fabulous book.  So all that to say, I used it last night to make chicken pot pie and just had to show y’all the pictures of how pretty it was!


Finished Product!


Failed attempt to cut a pretty piece like in the cookbook.  How do they do that??

So a big thank you to Donna, who gave us the book!  We didn’t even register for it, but it’s like she knew how much I’d need itJhehe    

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! What a great recipe to master with fall around the corner! XXOO

    ReplyDelete