Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hiking Weather

It’s beginning to feel a lot like Fall, and with it brings the urge to hike.  Fortunately Hank has a lot of classes this semester that have outdoor homework assignments, so this past weekend we went on our first hike of the Fall to research and gather leaves from different Indiana trees.  I am loving this homework!
We went to Griffy Lake to hike some of their trails...

Check out my cowboy learning his leaves...:)
This guy just about gave me a panic attack!  I made Hank go take a picture;)  He said it's just a black rat snake, non-venomous.  Somehow that didn't make me feel any better...  I jumped at every little thing for the rest of the hike.
Cool trees...
It started raining right after this picture, so we hightailed it back to the truck to finish our first hike of the Fall. 
So y'all have fun hiking as the weather cools off!  My friends in the South, it might still be a while until it really cools off... So come on up and visit!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment