Friday, September 14, 2012

Chapter 19: The next adventure…

It was a beautiful day as I drove back to Mississippi after a visit home.  White clouds rolled over a bright blue sky, and the sun bathed my face in warmth as I drove over bridge after bridge through Pensacola and Mobile.  I was praying, asking the Lord what He would have me do now.  My whole life I’d worked towards Africa, and now that was done.  A verse started playing on my heart and mind.  “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)  I knew it was time to move on from the comfort of Mississippi.  This was the first time I’d ever worked a desk job, and I was starting to feel claustrophobic.  I remember talking to my sister about it, and she asked me, “Well, what do you want to do?”  All I could picture was my little office, sitting at a desk looking longingly out the window.  “I want to work at like a ranch or something!”  The great outdoors, fresh air in my hair and face, yeah… that would be great.  Well that was all I had to say.  The next thing I knew, she had me on the phone with one of her friends who had worked for years at a ranch in Colorado.  Aren’t sisters awesome? J  Her friend told me about her ranch, and it sounded like a little piece of heaven.  Tucked back in the Rocky Mountains, there’s a green valley filled with horses, cattle, and a group of people who love the Lord and want to share Him with others.  I was sold.  I flew out, met with the staff, was offered a job, and accepted.  There was never a question in my mind if this was where the Lord was leading me.  It was as clear as Africa and Scotland.  I was moving to Colorado! (insert Bonanza theme song;)   

No comments:

Post a Comment